- DESIGN YEAR: 2014-2015
- YEAR OF PRODUCTION: 2015
- CLIENT: UnipolSai Insurance
- TYPE OF INTERVENTION:
Preliminary Project Electrical and Mechanical
Executive Design Electrical and Mechanical
Works Management Electrical and Mechanical
- BUDGET: € 821,538
- TOTAL SURFACE: 4.810 m2
Villa Boncompagni the Stork is a sumptuous-century house is located at the bottom of a long avenue of lime trees with access from the Via Emilia in San Lazzaro (BO). The construction of the sumptuous residence was made by Giacomo dei Principi Boncompagni, son of Ugo Boncompagni, who became Pope in 1572 under the name of Gregory XIII. The villa’s design is traditionally attributed to the architect Giacomo Barozzi Vignola said. In the eighteenth century the villa passed to the Colonna and Pepoli Principles. In 1743 Sicinius Pepoli commissioned the decoration of the interior rooms to the landscape architect Carlo Lodi and the figure painter Antonio Rossi who, in collaboration with other artists, realized forty splendid frescoes that addressed the biblical story, the myth and strife eighteenth-century Europe. The villa will consist of a ground floor and a first floor, now used for offices and conferences, a mezzanine for services and changing rooms and finally a basement and an attic where are located the main technological systems.
STREET EMILIA LEVANTE, 242/244 – SAN LAZZARO DI SAVENA (BO)
Villa Boncompagni is now used as a training center. The functional requirements related to the new use and the age of the plant have an adjustment necessitated intervention of all the plants in the structure: mechanical, electrical and special. Given the architectural value of the building, bound by the Superintendency of Historical and Cultural Rights, the central theme of the design is the aesthetic and functional integration of the systems, with the search for engineering solutions such as not to interfere with the structures and finishes and to enhance the environment, through targeted lighting design. The project involved the dismantling of existing facilities and rationalizing new distribution networks, keeping only type seen in less valuable environments solutions. In the basement, a technical room housing the mechanical equipment with its columns recessed wall uprights, to limit the presence of canals originally hung at times. On the ground floor, to house the new main and final distribution has been chosen to carry the light wells along the perimeter of the floor portion, turned out to be the part of lesser architectural value of the building. For the distribution of the first floor it was instead exploited the attic. The large windows with typical lateral observation sessions were returned to their original appearance, freeing them from the presence of incongruous fan who had been placed at the center of the same. The new fan coil are of two types: fixed and mobile; those mobile, on wheels, removable in function of the needs, are fed with sockets made in floor traps with finished stone cover of the same type of flooring. The existing safety lighting fixtures, indirect light and not allowed by current regulations, have been replaced with new LED systems. In stairwells cornices and portals were installed thin bars at very low impact LEDs, powered by a centralized system, while in the most prestigious halls were instead positioned uprights specially designed with 6 spotlights of which 3 are operating in an emergency. Outside, a scenic lighting of the fountain with colored lights and the long tree-lined avenue with as ground-recessed luminaires bring the villa to its former glory during the night hours.